Major Components Have Arrived!

S2 Racing "Japanese Cobra" components

Five weeks after ordering the S2 Racing components I was contacted by a company in Auckland called Intramar. Intramar process air freight for individuals, so they were able to take care of the customs and raft of other fees I needed to pay - and I mean there were a load of fees:

Mazda Cobra components customs charges
However, it did include delivering the parts to my door, so it saved me a trip to Auckland.

And, today, six weeks after ordering, the parts have turned up. Thankfully they've arrived in great condition  - not busted into bits, which I was worried about 😄  Unpacked them tonight and took some photos.
 Nose
      Front panel for Mazda MX5 Shelby Cobra replica  Rear view of nose panel for Mazda Miata Cobra replica


Rear panel for Mazda Roadster Shelby Cobra replica
Tail 


Side skirts for Mazda MX5 / Miata NB
Side Skirts

Replacement tail lights for Mazda MX5 / Miata NB
Tail Lights

 
 Boot Lid

 Interesting that the outside of the panels is gel coat, but the inside of the panels is bare fibreglass. I expect I should paint the inside of the panels with some sort of protective paint before I fit the panels. Anyone have any recommendations of type of paint to use?


Comments