Second Step - Order S2 Racing's Kit

Screenshot of REV9 Autosport's MX5 / Miata website

Got the base car, so I now know what to order. Numerous attempts to contact S2 Racing in Japan via their website failed...grrr! Ok, who else sells these? Yay, Rev9 Autosport in the USA (https://rev9autosport.com/brands/s2-racing.html?limit=30) were happy to supply the components and ship them to New Zealand.

How much to ship to NZ? Well, I wasn't in a desperate hurry, so I asked them to explore sea freight as well as air freight. And, preferably direct from Japan, rather than paying for Japan to USA and then USA to NZ. Turns out by the time the parts were boxed up in solid wooden boxes for sea freight the shipping cost was only approx US$200 cheaper than air freight. So, I opted for air freight (let's get em quicker!)

So, an online credit card transaction later, the cobra kit is now on order. If you're interested in the total cost of the kit and shipping, please contact me by posting a comment (comments are moderated by me, so I won't post your comment with your contact details).

Let's hope there are no shipping dramas and in approx 4 to 5 week's time (as the components are fabricated to order) I should be contacted by NZ Customs and asked to pay GST. Then off to Auckland in the horse truck to collect them.

In the meantime, what work can I get started with on the base car...


Comments